Since it is already summer, a lot of activities are being arranged. From sports fests and company team buildings to individual or family vacations, name it, the perks and promos are all around. Oh, and don’t forget the summer classes and courses. They are there for a reason: to let us indulge and learn our respective hobbies and just stay active. Summer workshops are those organized for us to keep on learning and enjoying together with our kids or nephews and nieces while they have their own summer workshops. I’m not talking about the ones for children only, but those open for us adults to enjoy as well. Do we still need those? Actually, Camppage and Coachsmart say yes.
Why are Summer Classes Important?
Summer workshops foster new horizons. Being exposed to a new environment and a new set of people, they teach us to do things on our own and help us gain self confidence and autonomy, in a different way, I mean not the one that we are used to. I’m talking about not just autonomy at work but autonomy in doing fun, new stuff as well. Not only do summer workshops do this, they also help us improve socially, intellectually, emotionally, and emotionally. Here are the top five benefits of summer classes:
1. Summer classes teach us to exercise and stay active. There is general body movement on a regular basis, preventing sedentary lifestyle. With obesity and chronic cardiovascular risks at an all-time high, it’s essential to give ourselves an alternative to spending long hours online or in front of electronic devices. It’s important to our overall health that we remain active. They will also keep us out of impending health issues out of sedentary lifestyle and genetic predispositions or those illnesses we are prone to because of heredity.
2. Summer classes foster self discipline. In our careers, we will be faced with new challenges that seem insurmountable. Through the classes, we will improve our perseverance and problem solving skills that provide the confidence and strength of mind to help us deal with any challenge.
3. Summer classes help us set goals and new hobbies. Many summer classes have superior programs and top notch facilities. Exposing ourselves to balanced, well-rounded programs with excellent facilities helps us gain more experience and expertise in our chosen hobbies.
4. Summer classes offer valuable mentorship. The coaching staff is often the most advanced with the latest techniques and training styles. Exposing ourselves to this caliber of coaching helps to develop trust, self esteem and a possible leg up to be recruited into a fixed paid hobby.
5. Summer classes are fun. The learning experiences are positive, which create powerful opportunities for acquiring and retaining knowledge and developing teamwork and the value of hard work. It’ll keep us out of depression as well.
Good news is, there are a number of different activities and sports summer camps for us to choose from.
Now let’s have those summer workshops that adults like us can enjoy and learn from:
1. SWIM SCHOOLS
a. BERT LOZADA SWIM SCHOOL
Locations in Metro Manila: Caloocan, Las Pinas, Makati, Mandaluyong, Manila, Muntinlupa, Paranaque, Pasay, Pasig, Quezon City, and Taguig
For adults, proper breathing techniques and stroke correction for adults with or without any background in swimming. They will teach you how to be comfortable and being in control in water. If you are afraid or not comfortable in water, and you’re usually relying on the bottom or side of the pool at all times for your safety, this program is perfect for you. This is of course aside the simple to complex techniques and swim strokes. For details, call them at 562-8041 or visit their site at www.bertlozadaswimschool.com/programs/adults.
b. AKIKO THOMSON SWIM SCHOOL Colegio San Agustin, Dasmarinas Village Makati
Classes: Learn ToSwim 6 yo and up/Intermediate/Competitive/Guppies for 4-5 yo….. http://akikothomsonswimschool.ph or 844-4195
2. ARCHERY, THE ARCHERY ACADEMY MANILA Annapolis St., Greenhills, San Juan, Metro Manila
Full body strength, core and arm strength; Focus and concentration, aiming at the target; Includes own string, arm guard, finger tab and a shirt, which they will be using for the entirety of their Archery classes.
Age Requirement: At least 9 years old…… For details check out their Facebook page at facebook.com/TheArcheryAcademy or contact them at 09178037422.
3. THEATER ARTS – Integration of Body and Mind, handling emotions and perceptions, getting in touch with oneself.
a. ABS-CBN STARMAGIC WORKSHOPS
VOICE and DANCE WORKSHOPS – Basic and Advanced classes – must be 6 years old and above – interested participants must prepare a song in a cappella for assessment (song) or a short dance routine for assessment (dance)… For inquiries, call 415-2272 local 5142 or 5243, Facebook: www.facebook.com/starmagicworkshops
b. TRUMPETS PLAYSHOP SUMMER 2015, Shangrila Plaza Ortigas
Courses Offered: Children’s Theater, Children’s Musical Theater, Musical Theater for Teens and Adults, Public Speaking & Hosting, Modelling, and Dance.
For more information, visit their website at trumpetsplayshop.com or call them at 631-7252, 636-2842 or 0915-6645734.
c. PETA SUMMER PROGRAM
Schedule: Workshops begin on May 4 Courses: Theater Arts (ages 17 & up). Basic Acting (ages 18 & up), Advanced Acting (ages 18 & up), Creative Musical Theater 1 (ages 16 & up), Creative Musical Theater 2 (ages 16 & up)….. For more information, visit their website at petatheater.com/summer-workshop or contact Tina Sablayan at 725 6244 or 0905 369 6003.
4. Dance Classes
a. BALLET PHILIPPINES DANCE SCHOOL Classes start April 7, 2015….. Adult elementary ballet, classical ballet…. For more information, visit their website at ballet.ph or call 833-3244 and 832-3689.
b. ACTS Academy: Dance…. Quezon City, Taguig, Mandaluyong, Baguio
All types of dance: contemporary, hiphop, kpop, breakdance, lyrical, ballet, etc.
Mobile Number: 0917-9237453 Landline: 719-4062 Website: www.actsacademy.com
c. CENTER FOR POP MUSIC Classes: Voice and Stage Performance…. For more information visit their website Centerforpopmusic.com
5. A MIXTURE OF EVERYTHING! MANILA DOWNTOWN YMCA, Sta. Cruz, Manila
Classes Offerings: Music Lessons, Modern dance/ Hip-Hop dance, Basic Yoga, Basketball, Arnis, Swimming, Taekwondo, Wushu, Aikido, Table Tennis
Educational, Cultural, Sports and Recreational Center. Tel Nos. (632)244-1995;2441977;244-1974;244-8279