Fashion is just as important as hair care and skin care. Although it is not directly linked to health, it contributes a lot to looking your best wherever you may be, most especially in the workplace. Just like what a famous saying states, “First impression lasts.” It is true. What other people see in us, specifically with how respectable we look, impacts how they treat us and value our ideas (halo effect).
For guys, here are some practical fashion rules:
- Never wear pants without a belt. A belt serves as the knot that ties your outfit together. It’s ok to not wear one if your shirt extends below your waist, but when you’re dressing up for a special occasion, belts are a must even if it is not very loose. In addition, not wearing a belt makes your outfit look less elegant.
- Get rid of waistline and belt accessories – They are a total distraction and people
will tend to look at your waistline everytime and you don’t want that. Aside from that,
piling up accessories on your waist only makes you look shorter and heavier. So get rid of those clippers, chains and what everything that would make you look like an undercover cop.
- Pant length commandments – Jeans should not reach the ground and should be perpendicular with your ankles. Nothing more, nothing less. For dress pants or office pants, it should cut off at the top of your heel and your socks should not show when you’re walking. If you’re buying new pants but the length is not quite right but you love them, have them altered. Never fold them inwards.
Of course we have something for the ladies too! Here are the Fashion Trends for 2015:
- All-white – With an all White ensemble, you will effortlessly look fresh, sexy, and chic. White is the new Black this year and play it up and break the monotony by choosing tops and cover- ups with interesting textures and by adding metallic touches through your footwear, bag, and accessories.
- Gingham – /gingem/ (checkered) Finally, Gingham is no longer exclusive to your little niece’s dress. We’ll be seeing more of this print this year in bustier dresses and button downs.
- Shirt Dress – Long shirt.
- Kimono- Style Trench Coats – very long and loose, wrap around like a robe
- Anything Flat – Sandals, Ballerinas, sneakers-you name it. Anything flat will be in this year.
- Polo Shirts – The good ol’ collared shirt will be a staple item, specifically this summer. Wear it with A- line or pleated skirts for a feminine touch!
- Anything loose and baggy – Boyfriend Jeans, Mom Jeans, and Cullotes-fashionistas are craving for more comfort so expect to see more of these this year.